1980 - Civil Security Force Command (CSFC)
- Tasked to exercise administrative and operational control in the regulation of the firearms, explosive, and security agency industries.
Offices under CSFC:
- Firearms and Explosives Unit (FEU)
- Supervisory Unit for Security and Investigation Agency (SUSIA)
- Reserve Affairs Unit (RAU)
- Integrated Constabulary Home Defenses Force (ICHDF)
- Regional Civil Security Force Districts (RCSFDs).
1991 - Philippine National Police (PNP) – Civil Security Command (CVISCOM) and it took control of the following
- Firearms and Explosives Division (FED)
- Security Agencies and Guards Supervision Division (SAGSD)
- Law Enforcement Training Affairs Division (LETAD)
- 16 Regional Civil Security District (RCSDs)
- 5 Sub-districts in the National Capital Region.
1996 - CIVISCOM was renamed as the Civil Security Group (CSG)
September 24, 2009 - NAPOLCOM Resolution No. 2010-321
- FED was renamed Firearms Explosives Office (FEO)
- SAGSD was renamed Supervisory Office for Security and Investigation Agencies (SOSIA)
May 10, 2011, NAPOLCOM Resolution No. 2011-136
- Rank of CSG Director – Police Director